Tucker Carlson — the Fox News personality whose own network successfully claimed in court that his audience would have to be idiots (i.e., not “reasonable” viewers) to believe anything he says — recently sat down for an interview with Semafor co-founder Ben Smith. Smith, formerly of Politico, BuzzFeed, and the New York Times, wanted to know the answer to one simple question: Does the infotainment host actually “believe white people are superior to other races”?
“Of course not,” Carlson responded, laughing. But he did tell Smith about the people he really doesn’t like. Insider has the details:
“One hundred percent of the people that I’m mad at are well educated white liberals,” he continued. “In my mind, the archetype of person I don’t like is a 38-year-old female white lawyer with a barren personal life. That’s who yells at me on airplanes.”
Well then. That one hit a little close to home.
As it turns out, 38-year-old female white lawyers don’t like Tucker Carlson either. A select group of these accomplished women let us know how they really feel about him. Check out some of their comments below.
• “The fact that Tucker Carlson doesn’t like me shows that my personal life is just fine.”
• “Knowing Tucker Carlson dislikes me the most makes me feel significantly better about myself.”
• “I’d be far more concerned to find out Tucker Carlson liked me. His approval would be a real embarrassment and would lead me to take some time to reevaluate what I’m doing in life.”
• “I’m so happy to have my life affirmed in such a meaningful way. I have never been so happy to be disliked.”
• “I’m pretty thrilled that Tucker Carlson doesn’t like me. He’s a smarmy asshole who’s been conning America’s grandparents for way too long.”
It’s a good thing Tucker Carlson claims that he doesn’t care about ratings, because he certainly isn’t doing well with our demographic. We’re just too intelligent to be entertained by his divisive drivel.
Tucker Carlson, the most popular cable news host in US history, claims he has no idea what his ratings are: ‘I don’t know how to read a ratings chart’ [Insider]
Staci Zaretsky is a senior editor at Above the Law, where she’s worked since 2011. She’d love to hear from you, so please feel free to email her with any tips, questions, comments, or critiques. You can follow her on Twitter or connect with her on LinkedIn.
Leave a Reply