E-discovery has been a key part of litigation for the past decade or more, becoming more complex each year.
Emerging social media and chat apps, along with cheap data storage, have increased the volume of information to be processed in e-discovery. Greater use of personal devices for professional communications also adds to the amount of discoverable information to manage.
You’d be hard-pressed to find a case today that doesn’t involve e-discovery in some capacity. To help you understand how to effectively and fairly handle the myriad issues that commonly arise, PLI is offering a one-day program, Hot Topics in Electronic Discovery 2022: What Corporate and Outside Counsel Need to Know.
An experienced panel of lawyers, judges, and e-discovery professionals will provide insiders’ insight into the current state of e-discovery, as well as the tips you need to know in order to avoid some of the most common pitfalls litigants have encountered in the years since e-discovery burst onto the litigation scene. Topics to be covered include:
- The latest legal updates in e-discovery
- How to face common e-discovery issues that can arise in litigation
- Experienced insights from e-discovery attorneys who have encountered the kinds of problems your clients will likely face in litigation
- Practical tips for conducting efficient and defensible discovery in the electronic age
- Why sanctions can be imposed for e-discovery violations and how you can avoid them
- An overview of Rule 37(e) regarding the loss of electronically stored information (ESI)
- How the pandemic has affected e-discovery practice
Eligible for one Ethics credit, the program offers the knowledge you need to best advise your clients on state, federal, and international e-discovery strategic and technology issues, as well as practical strategies to use when you need to provide guidance on e-retention policies or e-discovery. Register today.
Leave a Reply