If you are looking for a scorecard naming those who are leading the charge on innovation in law, you can do no better than the Fastcase 50, the annual listing by the legal intelligence company Fastcase that honors 50 of the law’s “smartest, most courageous, innovators, techies, visionaries, and leaders.”
Today, Fastcase is announcing the 2022 cohort of the Fastcase 50, and it includes a diverse array of legal tech founders, practicing lawyers, law firm professionals, judges, law professors, law librarians, bar association leaders, and investors — not to mention the attorney who is the NFL’s first Black woman team president.
Since the inaugural Fastcase 50 class was named in 2011 (of which I was one), this makes the twelfth year of the honors, which adds up to 600 innovative leaders over the lifetime of the awards.
“When we look back at the pandemic era, we will see it as a great reset in our attitudes and assumptions about legal services,” said Fastcase CEO Ed Walters. “Even if they have had to spend more time on Zoom this year than they had planned, the 2022 class of honorees is making profound changes for the next generation of law. We celebrate these impactful advocates and inspiring innovators who are shaping the future under incredibly challenging circumstances.”
The Fastcase 50 for 2022 are:
- Bobby Balachandran, Founder, President, and CEO, Exterro, Inc.
- Alvaro Bedoya, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission; Visiting Professor of Law, Georgetown Law.
- John P. Blumberg, Founder, Blumberg Law Offices.
- Dan Broderick, CEO and Co-Founder, BlackBoiler.
- Amanda Brown, Founder and Executive Director, Lagniappe Law Lab.
- JoAnn Buss, Senior Docket Analyst, Cooley LLP.
- Amanda Caffall, Executive Director and Staff Attorney, The Commons Law Center.
- Lindsey Carpino, Legal Content Services Supervisor, BakerHostetler.
- Angela Chadwick, General Counsel, Wing Aviation.
- Danielle Citron, Jefferson Scholars Foundation Schenck Distinguished Professor in Law; Caddell and Chapman Professor of Law; Director, LawTech Center, University of Virginia Law School.
- Nicole Clark, CEO and Co-Founder, Trellis.
- Marla Crawford, General Counsel, Cimplifi.
- Sandra Douglass Morgan, President, Las Vegas Raiders.
- Sonja Ebron, Co-Founder, Courtroom5.
- Karen Gould, Executive Director and COO, Virginia State Bar.
- David Greisen, Founding Director and CEO, Open Law Library.
- Jazz Hampton, CEO and General Counsel, TurnSignl.
- Chase Hertel, Principal, Attorney Services, LegalZoom.
- Shawn Holahan, Practice Management Counsel, Louisiana State Bar Association.
- Diana Imbert, Co-Founder, Defying Legal Gravity.
- Leslie Jones-Dove, CTO and Co-Founder, JusticeText.
- Somya Kaushik, Founder, Esq.Me, Inc.
- Cassandra Laskowski, Associate Librarian, Head of Research, Data & Instruction, University of Arizona College of Law.
- Joe Lawson, Director, Harris County Robert W. Hainsworth Law Library.
- Colin Levy, Director of Legal and Evangelist, Malbek.
- Sam McAllister, Director of Litigation Technology, Lightfoot, Franklin & White LLC.
- Devshi Mehrota, CEO and Co-Founder, JusticeText.
- Annie Mentkowski, Agency Librarian, United States Railroad Retirement Board.
- Ivan Mokanov, President, Lexum.
- Sam Moore, Director of Vendor Relations, Reynen Court.
- Jason Morris, CEO, LEXpedite.
- Neal Nagely, CEO and Founder, BookLawyer.
- Igor Olenich, President, National Docketing Association; Firmwide Patent Docket Manager, Morrison & Foerster, LLP.
- Miranda Perkins, Knowledge Manager, WilmerHale.
- Zach Posner, Co-Founder, The LegalTech Fund.
- Warren Postman, Managing Partner, Keller Postman LLC.
- Anne-Marie Rábago, Founder and Principal, Modern Juris.
- Hon. Carlton Reeves, Judge, U.S. District Court for the S.D. Mississippi; Nominee for Chair, U.S. Sentencing Commission.
- Jackie Schafer, Founder and CEO, Clearbrief.
- Hon. Scott Schlegel, Judge, Jefferson Parish, State of Louisiana.
- Elaine Screechfield, Executive Board Member, National Docketing Association; Firmwide Litigation Docket Manager, Morrison & Foerster, LLP.
- Debra Slone, Co-Founder and CKO, Courtroom5.
- Mary Smith, Partner, Veng Group.
- Amy Stein, Professor of Law, University of Florida, Levin College of Law.
- Clanitra Stewart Nejdl, Research Services Librarian; Head of Professional Development; Law Library Lecturer in Law, Vanderbilt Law School.
- Thomas Suh, Co-Founder and COO, LegalMation.
- Sarah Sutherland, President and CEO, CanLII.
- Tony Thai, Chief Engineer, HyperDraft, Inc.
- David Wang, Chief Innovation Officer, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
- Mike Zouhri, Co-Founder, PainWorth.
Congratulations to all!
Leave a Reply