The real estate market has been on a roller coaster through the pandemic, seeing dramatic highs and lows as both buyers and sellers learned to navigate ongoing uncertainties.
Now more than ever, it’s critical for lawyers involved in negotiating real estate deals to be up-to-date on the issues and where the market stands.
PLI has put together a one-day program titled Negotiating Real Estate Deals 2022, where Program Chairs Martin Polevoy of DLA Piper and Jon Mechanic of Fried Frank, some of the nation’s most respected real estate lawyers, and a group of expert faculty will share battle-tested tips and techniques for negotiating even the most complex transactions.
This informative, interactive program will combine prepared presentations with audience engagement to cover issues including:
- The key changes in the real estate market in 2022
- How the real estate space is developing in the growing Bio-tech industry
- Purchase agreements and what you need to know about them before closing a deal
- How to structure and utilize Joint Ventures for real estate transactions
- Strategic negotiation skills for loan workouts
- The ethical obligations related to real estate deals and how to minimize your risk of liability
This program is ideal for real estate and finance professionals looking to elevate their practice skills and obtain the background necessary for handling complex, high-value real estate deals. Register today.
Of course, financing is key to success in complex real estate deals, and PLI also offers a 12-hour on-demand course, Commercial Real Estate Financing 2022, that covers the ins and outs of legal issues including:
- Delaware’s LLC law
- Commercial Property-Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) Financing
- The negotiation of loan workouts
- Case law on promissory note issues, including lender liability
- Key issues in mezzanine lending
- Communicating with ratings agencies
- Legal ethics in transactional real estate work
This program is ideal for legal professionals looking to shore up their knowledge of the applicable laws and sharpen their practical real estate skills.