Accounting and finance issues regularly arise as part of legal work — and lawyers need to be comfortable addressing them when they do.
To that end, PLI is offering a critical, two-day program for lawyers of all experience levels titled Basics of Accounting for Lawyers 2022, which will cover the most common accounting concepts that emerge in the practice of law. Experts from both the legal and accounting professions will lead attendees through practical discussions that take an in-depth look at the elements of financial statements and what they reveal about organizations.
The program will also offer insightful analysis of how legal ethics intersect with accounting professional rules of conduct. Attendees can expect a lively discussion as legal and accounting experts review the Rules of Professional Conduct, legal ethics opinions, and court cases to highlight common areas of potential ethical risk for attorneys dealing with financial information.
Other basics of accounting to be covered in the program include:
- How to read the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, and notes to the financial statements
- An overview of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- The evolving legal ethical issues that arise when dealing with financial information
- Recent regulatory changes, along with insights from those impacted or involved in the changes
- An overview of what attorneys need to know about the components of internal controls
This program will provide a solid foundation in accounting fundamentals for attorneys of all levels and roles, giving you a better understanding of financial issues that may arise in your matters. Register today.